top of page


VA Specially Adaptive Housing

The U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs has two grant programs available for servicemembers and veterans to modify or purchase a home to accommodate their disabilities: the Specially Adaptive Housing (SAH) and Special Housing Adaptation (SHA) grants.


Cameron Tross Architecture is intimately familiar with the SAH/SHA grant requirements and can:

  • create VA required drawings that meet building code and ADA requirements such as, floor plans, elevations, and details

  • help you find a qualified VA contractor

  • work with the contractor to produce and submit VA required documentation

  • provide on-site construction administration while your home is under construction

  • coordinate final inspection and approval of your home with the VA

An Army veteran, Cameron has a strong desire to ensure that those using these grants get the home that they can love and live in comfortably.

Information about housing grants for disabled veterans is available on the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs website.

bottom of page